AN INTERVIEW WITH JOHNNY HEART (Q&A 1-15) + GIVEAWAY DETAILS!
ENTER on Goodreads to #win a paperback copy! (US and CA only. Sorry, this time INT.)
FIND ME ON TWITTER, FRIDAY FEB. 14 FROM 1PM-4PM CST AND STAY TUNED TO WIN THIS!
I will be giving away the following: (I'm dividing the prizes up so there will be more prizes to give away)
USA and CANADA ONLY
- An Exclusive Frankie's Monster silicon Bracelet that says "I LOVE JOHNNY HEART"
- Winner (s) #win a button of choice!
- 1 winner will receive a signed copy of Frankie's Monster paperback
- And there may be an e-book involved. Maybe!
All you have to do enter is RT or REPLY BACK. Simple, easy, that's it :)
@RaeHachtonYA and look for the #HEART tag on my tweets!
ALSO, here is a MAJOR HINT! YOU MIGHT NEED TO REMEMBER THIS AT SOME POINT DURING MY TWEETING FOR REASONS!!!!! :D :D :D
So If I asked, for example, WHO ATE YOUR #HEART ? YOU would say: JOHNNY ATE MY HEART! @RaeHachtonYA
12. Your story is unlike anything else currently out there. A New Adult Fairytale/Fantasy? How did you get Rae to write your story? How did you two meet?
She’s sort of in love with me. I appeared to her in a dream once and drew her portrait . After that, she basically did anything I told her asked her to do.
13. Not all fairytales have a Happily Ever After, right? Or am I wrong?
Depends on your idea of happily ever after. If you end up with me, then...
14. Something we don’t get too often is a narration from the monsters (is it okay if I call you that? No disrespect intended.) POV. But you do narrate this tale, correct?
Yeah, it’s okay. I’m the most gorgeous monster out there. I narrate my side of the story and Francesca narrates hers.
15. We are interested in checking you—I mean, your story—out. Could you direct us somewhere perhaps where we could sample your extraordinary tale or buy it?
JOHNNY HE [ART]
1. So you’re a “xombie” with pale skin and stitched blue lips? That is incredibly interesting. How did this come to be?
I was created in an attic by a teenage girl who wanted a boyfriend because her father didn't let her leave the house. He kept her captive there. He was a mad scientist. But his daughter had magick of her own.
My creator— Anastasia—first constructed me from stone, I was a sculpture. Then she brought me to life. I ended up with pale skin and blue lips because I didn't have any blood in my body. When my bottom lip cracked from the non-life in me, and from the freezing temperatures (not only was I created during winter, but since I didn’t have any blood I remained cold) she stitched it back together.
2. Do you have any memory of being created? What did it feel like?
Yes. It was horrifying. I’d rather not discuss it.
3. It’s rumored that you have things in common with Dr. Frankenstein’s monster and Tim Burton’s Edward Scissorhands. Could you tell us a few interesting things about this?
We are all three outcasts, abandoned by our creator and left alone in a world of which we do not understand. We are scarred and there are stitches to prove it.
4. So you’re a “xombie” and not a Zombie? What is a xombie?
A being created through magick which has no soul. I was never alive, I was never human. I've always been something different. Since I wasn't a reanimated human body, I couldn't be referred to as a zombie.
5. Zombies eat brains. What do you eat?
Wanna take a guess?
6. You’re also an artist, I hear. How did this begin and what kind of art do you enjoy?
I am art. Johnny He[Art]. What would you do if you were left in an attic alone for many years with all of your creator’s art materials? Turn the lemons into lemonade, so to speak. (Although Edward Scissorhands would absolutely hate this.) Haha. But he had his horticulture and I had my art.
7. If you could choose one song to describe you and the book, what song would it be?
TO HAVE AND TO HOLD—THE DEFTONES.
8. If you could choose one song to describe you and Francesca, what song would you select?
9. If you could have just one wish, what would you wish for, Johnny Heart?
To be real.
10. I read two interesting quotes from your story:
“I’ve never wanted a heart as much as I want yours.”
and “When I kiss you, it will be THE kiss, and not just ‘a’ kiss.”
Could you explain what those quotes mean? We want to know what is the kiss? And what does it mean to want a heart so badly?
Can you use your imagination? I kiss way better than other (human) guys, and well, as for the last part...
11. Frankie’s Monster is a book that incorporates art, is this correct? If so, could you give us a few examples?
Chapter 16. The Kiss. READ IT.
Auguste Rodin is my most admired sculptor. He has a statue called The Kiss. I replicate that art piece in a very real life form with Francesca.
Use some observation skills here.
1. They are naked
2. They are on a stone
Anything else you need to know? Oh yeah, here’s an idea—